Watch our Schelling Point talk to learn more about KOKO DAO
KOKO DAO works with local Colombian communities to create viable economic models as an alternative to small scale deforestation.
Why Focus on Small Scale Forests?
Rural communities and small land owners have neither the resources nor sufficient amounts of land to receive compensation from forest preservation efforts through carbon offsets. This makes deforestation the most economically compelling option for them.
Fortunately, blockchains allow us to demonstrate the proof of impact of small scale conservation projects in a transparent and trustless way. This makes it possible for us to design new ways to compensate rural communities for preserving their land.
KOKO DAOs' Forest Preservation Framework
Our impact goals
- 1000 hectares of forests saved from deforestation.
- Monitoring of fauna and flora, including species in risk.
- Crypto education and adoption in rural communities.
- Job opportunities for women in risk.
- dMRV model will allow to scale preserved areas to remote regions.
- Open source data and protocols.
How can you help?
Join KOKO DAO's discord server to be part of the community.
Let's build KOKO DAO together!